- Carrying out numerical modelling (both weather and hydrodynamic).
- Studying the properties of currents, waves, tides and ocean circulation, plus the temperature, density and salt content of oceans.
- Performing simulations of ocean phenomena using computer or mathematical models.
- Implementation of hydrodynamic models in real-time operational platforms.
- Validating modelling software products in the Arabian Seas.
- Running hydrodynamic modeling software such as such as ROMS, MITgcm, HYCOM on a Linux platform.
- Writing technical MATLAB and Python scripts.
The application package should include:
- A cover letter summarizing experience and motivation for this position.
- Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae.
- Sample of relevant developed applications/products.
- A list of 2-3 potential referees