The Special Interest Group on Remote Sensing for Cultural and Natural Heritage is addressed to researchers interested in the application of active and passive Remote Sensing technologies (ground, aerial and satellite) and Information Technologies for archaeological investigation, protection and valorization of Cultural Heritage The scope is the creation of a network of experts from various disciplines, such as archaeology, remote sensing, geophysics , photogrammetry, geoarchaeology, computer science, interested in the use of technologies for archaeological investigation, protection and valorization of Cultural Heritage.
The principal activities are:
- Creating and updating of a web site where project results and papers are disseminated and
- personal links between researchers and on student mobility are promoted;
- Being a Forum;
- Stimulating and promoting education and training related to application of remote sensing, GIS and IT;
- Organizing workshops, tutorials and special conference sessions;
- Initiating and co-ordinating application-oriented research.