July 19 – 22, 2016, Museum of the World Ocean, Kaliningrad, Russian Federation
The Workshop will be a 4-day training event for master and PhD students interested in environmental research. The programme includes:
- Plenary lectures presented by international researchers on the current use of optical methods, including in situ and remote sensing, for environmental research and monitoring
- Individual study groups for an in-depth evaluation of selected methods of optical analysis and their relevance for an understanding of marine ecosystems, followed by presentations in plenary sessions
- Demonstrations and practical exercises with optical instruments for environmental research in the rooms of the Museum of the World Ocean
- Plenary presentation and discussion of results obtained in the practical programmes.
- Presentation of student projects, e.g. master and PhD theses, in oral presentations and with posters